Senior Java developer
At PhixFlow, our mission is to enable anyone to create business applications by removing the barriers to development through our unique combination of experience, innovation, and intuitive Low-Code platform. We believe software development should be easy and enjoyable, challenging traditional methods, allowing anyone to create business-grade applications that improve processes and drive value.
Our platform has been used to create powerful applications for companies such as Tesco, Virgin Media, Lloyds Pharmacy, The Post Office and Jaguar Land Rover, to name just a few.
We are looking for a senior java developer to join our team developing the web and mobile-based business application platform “PhixFlow”.
This role covers the full agile development life-cycle, from requirements analysis and design through implementation, test and release, with a specialization in designing or implementing java-based heavily parallel-processing or distributed client-server architectures.
The successful candidate will have:
- a 2:1 degree (or better) in computing or a scientific subject from a Russell-group or equivalent university.
- 4+ years’ in-depth, hands-on experience of writing Java services
- 2 years’ in-depth experience implementing or designing heavily parallel-processing or distributed client-server architectures.
- 2 years’ experience of software design, including use of design patterns.
- 2 years’ experience of any commercial relational database (ideally Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server)
- Any experience of serverless cloud frameworks would be an advantage.
- Experience of cloud platforms, especially Azure would be an advantage.
- Experience of code reviews and mentoring junior developers.
What you can expect from PhixFlow
- A caring company that provides a flexible and safe working environment
- An opportunity to shape the future of software development
- A fast-growing, ambitious company with opportunities for you to grow
This is a permanent role, key to our future strategy. Successful candidates will be highly motivated, results focussed, articulate and be capable of working to a high standard with minimum supervision. In addition to an exciting and dynamic working environment, with the possibility of rapid career progression, we offer a competitive salary, health insurance, 25 days holiday and a 5% pension contribution.
Join PhixFlow and let’s build the future of software development